The Oklahoma Humanities Council (OHC) has served Oklahoma for 40 years, offering support for lifelong learning opportunities based in the scholarship of humanities disciplines.
History, literature, philosophy, ethics – all lend us insight and understanding into the human experience. OHC recognizes that engagement with the humanities offers people inspiration and hope and can tell true and powerful stories about what life and human behavior mean.
Your support for the Oklahoma Humanities Council is of great value to us, and it is our goal to make it rewarding for you as well. Therefore, we are launching a Planned Giving initiative, the Legacy Society. This society has been created to thank our long-term supporters who have identified OHC in their estate plans.
One way that you can “leave a legacy” is by endowing any of our programs which are of interest to you with a bequest. One of the easiest ways to do this is to name us as a beneficiary on your retirement plan. By leaving a legacy, your planned gift would benefit OHC programs in perpetuity. For example, a $10,000 gift would help fund Let’s Talk About It at $500/annually.
There are additional financial tools you can use to plan your gift to us so that it can return benefits to you:
- You can make a gift using appreciated securities and realize larger tax savings than if you had used cash.
- You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- You can make a gift that pays you income for life.
- You can preserve your estate for your children and deliver years of income to the Oklahoma Humanities Council.
- You can donate your house, take a tax deduction, and continue to live in it rent-free.
- You can turn surplus life insurance coverage into a gift.
Here is sample bequest language that may be helpful:
Sample Bequest Language
I give to the Oklahoma Humanities Council, (EIN: 73-0951965), an Oklahoma nonprofit corporation, the following money or property:
The gift is to be administered in accordance with the purposes and pursuant to the terms of the Certificate of Incorporation and By-Laws of the Oklahoma Humanities Council. I request that this gift be used for such charitable purpose of the Oklahoma Humanities Council as the Executive Director or Board of Trustees may from time to time determine.
Leave your legacy so that future generations will have cultural opportunities and experiences readily available to them!